We asked our readers where they wish to travel outside of the U.S. These nine incredible destinations around the world will certainly inspire future adventures in 2021 and beyond!
Land of the Incas, Peru, is packed with culture, natural beauty, and incredible adventure. Of course, Machu Picchu is a must-visit, as well as Rainbow Mountain, a striped, technicolor mountain reminiscent of something from a painting. For a taste of Peruvian cuisine, make sure to try ceviche or cuy (guinea pig).
More Peru travel inspiration:
- Planning A Girls Trip To Machu Picchu: What To Know Before You Go
- The Best Local Dishes To Try In Peru
Italy is a true cultural mecca. Though it’s a small country, all the travel staples are accessible — beaches and coastline, walkable history, an unstoppable food culture, shopping out of this world, and much more. You name it, Italy’s got it!
Some of our favorite Italian day trips:
Some of our readers have Germany on the brain. Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Cologne are just a few German cities worth a visit! Bavarian culture — and brews — are fun to experience at least once in your life. History buffs will find a treasure chest of museums and experiences in Germany, ranging from fascinating cultural traditions to truly humbling and thought-provoking war memorials.
A few of our recommendations:
- A Visit To The Fairy-Tale Town Of Freiburg, Germany
- 10 Most Romantic Medieval Towns To Visit In Germany
- 10 Beautiful Places To Visit In Bavaria, Germany
Greece is nestled between the Aegean Sea to the east and the Ionian Sea to the west. It is known for its constellation of over 6,000 islands.
Hypnotizingly blue water, rocky beaches, a laid-back vibe, and fascinating architecture greet travelers. Thousands of islands make up Greece, so exploring at least one is a true must, but perhaps consider our seven favorite Greek islands!
Other experiences worth your consideration:
- 6 Amazing Historic Sites To Experience On Kos, Greece
- 12 Fantastic Experiences On The Island Of Crete, Greece
- 10 Reasons To Put Northern Greece On Your Bucket List
- 7 Fantastic Experiences On Beautiful Lefkada, Greece
Travelers might visit Spain to taste the paella and sangria, indulge in siesta, and listen to mesmerizing flamenco. Still, there’s a lot more to experience in the incredible country of Spain.
Big cities like Barcelona draw crowds as do smaller, lesser-known villages along the rugged coast.
A few of our go-to adventures in Spain:
- How To Spend A Perfect Weekend In Beautiful Granada, Spain
- Alcazar De Segovia: The Magnificent Spanish Castle That Inspired Disney
- 10 Places To Explore Along Galicia, Spain’s Coast Of Death
British Columbia, the westernmost slice of Canada, is peppered with incredible national parks, towns, and many road trip routes. The landscapes and geography in this area of Canada are simply breathtaking. Travelers will be wowed by massive, towering mountains, lakes and beaches with brilliant blue water, plus small towns prefacing big cities like Vancouver.
- The Best Things To See And Do In Victoria, British Columbia
- 11 Best Experiences On Vancouver Island
- Why Vancouver Is An Asian Foodie Paradise
- 11 Amazing Hidden Gems In Vancouver, Canada
Known as a vividly green landscape with rolling hills, steep cliffs, and a quiet serenity floating about, Scotland is a must-visit. The Scottish Highlands perfectly encapsulate the terrain’s magic.
More Scottish travel inspiration:
- 10 Reasons To Have Scotland On Your Bucket List
- A Visit To The Idyllic Isle Of Muck, Scotland
- How To Visit Hirta, The Remote Scottish Ghost Island
Mexico has a rich cultural history, and plenty of opportunities for adventure, play, and rest. If you like to kick back on vacations, areas with some shoreline such as Isla Mujeres will do the trick. For a dip into the local culture, Mexico City is a must-visit.
Some of our favorite Mexico articles can be found below!
- Sleep Inside The Belly Of An Aztec Serpent God In Mexico’s Most Unique Airbnb
- Adventures Await At Mexico’s Xcaret Parks: Everything You Need To Know
- Best Stops During A Beautiful Baja Road Trip From Cabo San Lucas To La Paz
- 8 Fantastic Experiences On Isla Mujeres For Nature Lovers
It comes as no surprise that England is on our readers’ minds. There is an abundance of things to see, do, and experience in England — from massive, jam-packed cities like London to small, quaint towns that radiate warmth and coziness.
England has an offering for all travelers, and whether they want to get out into the countryside or cozy up in a coffee shop with a city view, you’re in the right place!
Some of our recommendations in England: