If you’ve ever been to Disney World during the holiday season, you know they like to do it big. This year is no different. We just got our first look at plans and they’ll be sure to put you in the holiday spirit.
Party On, Mickey Style
The festivities kick off November 8, when Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns to the Magic Kingdom. Festivities include:
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: Join Mickey and friends for holiday music and dance performances at Cinderella’s Castle
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks: A special fireworks display featuring castle projections and holiday music
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: Santa Claus and his reindeer join Mickey and friends for a parade through the park
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa throughout the Magic Kingdom
- Holiday Overlays: Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, and Mad Tea Party will all receive a “special holiday makeover”
- Intergalactic Dance Party: Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe is transformed into a giant holiday dance party
- Photo opportunities: To mark the 50th Anniversary celebration, attendees will discover three new photo opportunities in the park. Guests will also receive a commemorative keepsake.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party runs on select dates through December 22. Tickets are limited and go on sale July 7, although some resort guests may begin purchasing tickets as early as June 30. Tickets range from $149 to $199 per person.
Guests will have the opportunity to see Santa Claus up close throughout Walt Disney World during the holiday season. He’ll be making special appearances throughout the parks — driving down Hollywood Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, trekking through Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on a flotilla, and joining storytellers from around the world at EPCOT for the International Festival of the Holidays.
Walt Disney World will have other festive flourishes around the parks, but there are two major ones to keep at the top of your list this year, and they’re both at EPCOT.
First is the ever-popular Candlelight Processional, which returns during the International Festival of the Holidays beginning November 25. This fan-favorite features holiday performances from stars at America Gardens Theatre.
Secondly, EPCOT’s newest thrill ride, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, will get in the spirit, too. The ride will temporarily blast off to a mash-up of seasonal holiday music. Out of this world, indeed.
To learn more about how you can celebrate the holidays at Walt Disney World, check out their full page of listings here and plan your trip with inspiration from all our Disney content.