Cords, headphones, converters, thumb drives, SD cards, hard drives, adapters. Our favorite devices truly require a ton of miscellaneous gadgets and accessories. Keeping them all organized and in the same place can be frustrating.
That’s where a travel case can come in. These bags or boxes store all things technology-related. They are your one-stop-shop for all the accessories you need for your devices, plus extras.
Travel cases vary by material, size, shape, and organizational structure. In order to find yourself a travel case that goes above and beyond, we reviewed the best of the best and share an up-to-date buying guide.
The Best Travel Cases
AmazonBasics’ travel case is large enough to fit your tech basics but small enough to easily be stored away in a carry-on, backpack, or purse.
The interior of the case has several mesh pockets for storage. One side of the case has a top-to-bottom pocket that’s ideal for storing larger items like cell phones. The other side of the case has a smaller mesh pocket that will hold bulky items, like charging cables, in place.
The center of the case has a hinged pocket with several zippers to safely lodge small electronic items like SIM cards and batteries. It’s best for items you want to zip away to ensure you won’t lose them.
- Highly rated
- Convenient hand strap for carrying
- Might not fit everything you need
- No variety in colors
- Molded EVA-plastic exterior
- 1-year warranty
- Black exterior with orange lining
- Brand: AmazonBasics
- Dimensions/Weight: 9.8 x 2 x 5.9 inches; 9.6 ounces
This Jelly Comb case is built to fit just about anything. The bag’s top flap has an envelope pocket for tablets or small computers.
The lower compartment has 12 loops for cables and chargers and six elastic-topped mesh pockets for thumb drives and other small items. There are also several more mesh holders for miscellaneous belongings.
The case comes in three sizes, so make sure to choose the size carefully before adding to your cart.
- Tons of cord space
- Excellent if you have lots of electronics
- Doesn’t have a ton of padding
- No carrying handle
- Available in 7 colors
- Water-resistant nylon surface
- Double-layer compartments
- Brand: Jelly Comb
- Dimensions/Weight: 9.8 x 6.5 x 0.8 inches; 6.4 ounces
Pelican’s travel case is virtually indestructible. The interior of the case is filled with foam padding that you can “adjust” to your liking. Yes, this means you can pluck the foam to fit small valuables like cameras or large items like tablets or computers. No matter how you adapt the foam, when closed, the case is completely sealed from the outside world.
This case is ideal for travelers who want the most durable product available. It’s not cheap, but there’s no better option if you want to completely protect your devices from the elements.
It’s excellent for storing valuables and instilling peace of mind that no matter what happens, the contents of your Pelican case will arrive safely, destination to destination.
- Extremely durable
- Can protect any equipment that will fit inside
- Most expensive model reviewed
- Heaviest and least portable of our suggestions
- Available in 6 colors
- Pick N’Pluck foam interior
- Stainless steel padlock guards
- Copolymer polypropylene shell
- Brand: Pelican
- Dimensions/Weight: 22.1 x 10.4 x 17.9 inches; 17 pounds
Bagsmart’s case is small but mighty. The bag comes with three Velcro dividers that you can move around the interior of the bag to your liking. These dividers will come in handy for changing the layout of the bag to suit whatever you’re carrying and give all your items an adequate bumper for protection.
In addition to the Velcro dividers, the top lid of the bag has a mesh pocket that’s large enough to fit an iPad Mini. There’s also an SD card pouch so you won’t lose your SD card in the chaos of the rest of the bag.
- The case features a hard shell Nylon pouch exterior that keeps your device and valuable data protected.
- Interior secure-fit Velcro divider and zippered closure that keeps your hard drive securely in place during transport.
- The internal slim mesh pocket allows you to store necessary cords without unnecessary damage.
If you have an overwhelming amount to lug from place to place, look no further than Matein’s travel case.
This double-decker organizer has a pocket for just about everything. The top deck has tons of adjustable strap spaces for chargers and adapters as well as one zippered pocket that is perfect for a smartphone.
The lower level comes with three adjustable padded dividers that can be resituated as you need!
This bag might be too big and bulky for people who don’t need to pack a lot, but if you love to (or need to) travel with numerous electronics that you want to store and organize, this is a great option.
- Tons of ways to organize and store goodies
- Dividers are flimsy and might not stay in place
- Too much space for people who travel with only the basics
- Available in black or gray
- Water-resistant and shockproof nylon exterior
- Carrying handle
- A variety of mesh pockets, straps, and zippers
- Brand: Matein
- Dimensions/Weight: 10.5 x 7.8 x 3.5 inches; 11.5 ounces
BUBM’s travel set of three is best suited for families or people traveling with a companion.
Because the pack comes with three cases, it’s not the best option for someone who doesn’t intend to take a lot with them. But if you do need to pack a lot, or for a lot of people, this is the travel case option for you.
Each of the three cases has an interior zippered mesh pocket that’s ideal for larger electronic devices. Then, the base of the cases have padded dividers that allow you to organize your electronics by section.
- Multiple bags mean more packing options
- Great for folks with a lot to carry
- The cases might have a chemical smell upon unpackaging
- Not as many organizational features as some other products reviewed
- Water-resistant nylon
- Double zipper
- Carrying handle
- Comes only in black
- Brand: BUBM
- Dimensions/Weight: 8.5 x 3 x 10.8 inches; 1.3 pounds
Travel Case Buying Guide
Since travel cases greatly differ from model to model, read on to get an understanding of the two factors that are most important to consider before making a purchase.
The best travel case will provide you plenty of space to thoroughly organize your items.
In some cases, this means there are adjustable dividers that separate your belongings in whatever configuration works for you. In others, there are a plethora of pockets — some sealed, some open — that allow you to organize your items as you desire.
Make sure the case’s organization style works for you and the devices you’ll be storing in the case. For example, if you want to store several chargers, headphones, SIM cards, and other small items, a case with two large pockets most likely isn’t the best fit. Instead, consider a case with elastic loops and mesh pockets specifically designed to keep cables and miscellaneous accessories in place.
The material of the outside of your travel case matters because that is what will protect your devices.
Accidents do happen! You want assurance that if life happens, your case won’t break on you, or worse, your electronics inside!
There’s no one material that surpasses the rest in quality and durability. If you’re looking for a lightweight case, you are more likely to accept a material that’s flimsier. If you’re just carrying items like earbuds or your charger, that could work just fine.
If you’re carrying expensive electronics like your tablet or fancy studio headphones, you will likely want assurance your stuff won’t break in a minor fall. Consider a case that’s shockproof or very thoroughly padded, and also decide if a hard-shell case might be best for you, even if it makes packing a little trickier!