The Best Laptop Bags
Ytonet’s laptop bag can seamlessly double as a carry-on or duffel bag.
The bag protects laptops up to 17’’ thanks to a shockproof protective compartment. There are three other major pockets in the bag as well. Two front zippers will house smaller loose items like pens, notebooks, snacks, and your wallet. In the main compartment, there’s plenty of space for documents, tablets, and other larger items you want to keep secure.
Part of what makes this bag ideal for traveling is the expansion zipper, which expands the bag by nearly two inches, enabling users to pack additional goodies in the back like perhaps TSA-friendly toiletries and sleepaway clothing.
The laptop bag also has a handy back strap that will attach perfectly to handles of carry-on or regular-sized luggage.
- Expansion zipper can fit clothing and other packed items
- Rear luggage strap makes the bag well-suited for traveling
- Not suitable for all 17’’ laptops
- Shockproof protective layer for laptop
- Equipped with carrying handles, a luggage strap, and a detachable shoulder strap
- Four primary pockets of varying sizes
- Expansion zipper than expands width of the bag from 6’’ to 7.7’’
- Available in 17’’ and 18.4’’ sizes
- Brand: Ytonet
- Dimensions: 17.3 x 12.6 x 7 inches; 2.5 pounds
Matein’s laptop bag has a spot for everything you could possibly need.
The front most pocket has a key fob hook, two pockets perfect for a phone or similar sized device, and pen slots. The main compartment has an extra-padded pocket to guard your laptop, as well as an abundance of space for other gadgets and items. Mesh pockets are great for storing a bottle drink or umbrella for easy access.
Additional features like luggage strap, anti-theft back pocket, and external USB port make this bag perfect for travel. In order to take advantage of this latter feature, you’ll need your own power bank and charging cable.
Even if you pack this bag to the brim, the multi-panel ventilated back padding aids in reducing back strain, which we love.
This bag is an excellent option if you want an all-in-one laptop bag.
- Built for comfort and function
- Great carry-on or personal item for flights
- USB port and anti-theft pocket designed with travel in mind
- Heavier than other options
- No side straps to consolidate size if desired
- Variety of colors and sizes
- External USB port
- Water-resistant polyester with metal zippers
- Ample additional storage
- Brand: Matein
- Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 7.8 inches; 1.56 pounds
The bag is black with orange and white accents and has five pockets that vary in size.
The most spacious pocket has a padded sleeve for a laptop, plus another sleeve for smaller electronics like a tablet.
The back is heavily padded to relieve pressure from carrying bulky materials. The shoulder straps are heavily padded as well, so your back shouldn’t feel too achy after a long day of carrying around the backpack!
If you’re on the move and need to stay hydrated, you’ll love the flexible, tall mesh drink holders on each side of the bag.
- Heavily padded back designed for comfort
- Five sizable pockets for easily organizing your belongings
- Tall mesh pockets ensure beverages won’t slip out
- Only one size
- No variation in color
- Limited padding on the bottom of the bag
- Black fabric with orange accents
- Holds laptops up to 17’’
- 2 mesh water bottle slots
- Padded sleeve for laptop
- One-year limited warranty
- Brand: AmazonBasics
- Dimensions: 13.39 x 7 x 19.29 inches
Solo’s bag can shapeshift from a shoulder bag into a backpack in the snap of a finger. Simply clip on the padded shoulder strap, or pull out the padded backpack straps from their zippered compartment, snap in place, and you’re ready to go! We’re also a fan of the padded handles with a magnetic snap to easily carry as a briefcase if desired.
While not as roomy as other laptop backpacks, there is still plenty of storage space for items other than your computer. Separate laptop and tablet compartments keep your devices protected, while an easy access front zippered pocket is great for a phone or keys.
Besides being flexible, the added peace of mind from a five-year warranty really helps seal the deal.
- Three-in-one design
- Lengthy warranty
- Spacious but not bulky
- Only works for laptops up to 15.6’’
- Fewer organizational pockets for smaller items than other models
- Padded handles, detachable shoulder, and stowaway backpack straps
- Laptop and tablet compartments accommodate devices up to 15.6 inches
- Organized and quick access pockets
- Available in three colors
- Five-year warranty
- Brand: Solo
- Dimensions: 12 x 5 x 17 inches; 1 pound
This messenger bag is made of a unique water-resistant waxed leather that combines beauty with functionality. Don’t worry about scuffing up this bag — the leather material makes natural wear and tear look effortlessly cool.
Besides looking good, this laptop bag was built with functionality in mind. Five outer pockets and 4 interior pockets promotes organization, while a padded sleeve with magnetic snap keeps your laptop or tablet secure.
The bag has five different leather color combinations and textures, all with gold or bronze accents.
- Elegant, vintage look
- Tons of pockets
- Heavier than other laptop bags reviewed
- Leather may require upkeep
- Water-resistant waxed leather
- Padded sleeve fits laptops up to 15.6 inches
- Nine pockets
- Removable shoulder strap
- Brand: NEWHEY
- Dimensions:16.5 x 5.1 x 11.8 inches; 2.87 pounds
Look and feel cute with Tanto’s laptop tote that fits laptops up to 15.6’’!
In addition to guarding your laptop, this tote comes with a bunch of bonus goodies like a detachable shoulder pad, an external USB port, and a cute matching pouch with a hand strap. The wristlet is perfect for stashing personal toiletries or functioning as a small wallet.
While stylish, this tote has 20 pockets for organization, including two zipper pockets, two bottle or umbrella holders, three pen holders, four mesh pockets for miscellaneous items, and eight pockets for other items you might need to store. Talk about fashion meets function!
- Tons of pockets for organization
- Variety of colors
- Will need own battery block to use external USB port
- Straps not made of real leather — could be prone to peeling with extensive use
- Comes in six colors
- External USB port
- Padded pocket for laptop
- Water-resistant fabric
- Zippered closure
- Detachable shoulder pad
- Complimentary matching wristlet
- Brand: Tanto
- Dimensions: 16.6 x 13 x 1.9 inches; 2.05 pounds
This laptop bag is simple, sleek, and elegant by nature. The case comes in several color and pattern options, ranging from timeless black with white thread to a fun attention-grabbing cheetah print.
The bag has a plush inner padding to protect your laptop and several pockets for storage. The bag is more compact than others on the market, so you won’t be able to fit everything you own comfortably, but you should be able to fit basics plus a little more.
A large horizontal strap is perfect to slip over the retractable handle on suitcases, making going through security at the airport a cinch. It also allows for an additional carrying option beyond the top handles.
- Waterproof PU leather is easy to maintain
- Offers more organization than traditional laptop sleeves
- Band strap is perfect for traveling
- No optional shoulder strap
- Not as much storage space as other options
- Two size options
- Six colors and patterns
- Fuzzy inner padding to protect laptop
- Shockproof inner padding
- Waterproof PU leather
- Brand: FYY
- Dimensions: 14.7 x 11.3 x 1.7 inches; 1.54 pounds
Laptop Bag Buying Guide
If you’re planning to travel with your laptop bag, consider our tips on what to look out for.
In addition to conventional straps like carrying handles, shoulder straps, and backpack straps, some bags come equipped with a strap across the back of the bag.
With a little maneuvering, this strap can loop over luggage handles so you can push your luggage and laptop bag with one hand.
If traveling with this bag is a priority, this feature will surely be helpful during your adventures out in the world.
For the most part, laptop bags should be small enough to fit in overhead bins and therefore double as carry-on luggage without a fuss. This depends on how big your bag is and how much you fill in the bag, of course.
Though each airline varies in requirements, for the most part, carry-on luggage must be smaller than 22 inches. Some airlines go as big as 24, though.
Before purchasing a laptop bag, consider if it will work as a carry-on ahead of time!