The nation may be in the midst of the sweltering summer heat, but Gaylord Hotels is already looking ahead to the cold days of winter.
Gaylord, part of Marriott Bonvoy’s portfolio, has announced the return in 2022 of its Christmas marquee experience, Ice!, which will take place at five locations.
The displays went on hiatus during the past two years and the coronavirus pandemic, but Ice! will be back at:
- Gaylord Opryland: November 11, 2022–January 1, 2023
- Gaylord Texan: November 11, 2022–January 1, 2023
- Gaylord Palms: November 18, 2022–January 1, 2023
- Gaylord Rockies: November 18, 2022–January 1, 2023
- Gaylord National: November 25, 2022–December 31, 2022
In addition, CIRQUE: Spirit of Christmas will be performed at select resorts as part of the holiday experience.
Ice! will feature larger-than-life ice installations at each designated resort, with the showcase created from more than 33,000 large blocks of ice weighing more than 5,000 tons.
The displays, which are kept at a room temperature of 9 degrees, depict scenes and characters from classic Christmas films, ranging from a few inches to more than 30 feet in height.
For six weeks, 40 ice artisans will create the showcases, and each hotel will have something different.
- Gaylord Opryland will feature scenes from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- The Gaylord Texan will highlight The Polar Express.
- The Gaylord Palms will feature How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
- The Gaylord Rockies will have A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- The Gaylord National will highlight A Christmas Story.
Each display will use special coloring to make the ice festive.
CIRQUE: Spirit Of Christmas
Meanwhile, three Gaylord properties (Rockies, Palms, and National) will also feature the Broadway-style production of CIRQUE: Spirit of Christmas. The live show features acrobats and high-flying stunts as it tells the story of a boy dismayed by the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
The show will run from 35 to 75 minutes, depending on the location.
In addition, all of the Gaylord properties will take on a festive holiday theme, including special events, decorations, and menu items at the property restaurants.
Tickets and reservations are required for all of the Ice! events and can be made here.