Walt Disney World is pulling out all the stops to get visitors to experience the 50th anniversary celebration.
Disney is offering discounts of up to $100 per night for guests at a number of Florida properties and anyone planning to visit between March 6 and July 7.
The sale was announced Thursday morning, and the clamor to take advantage was so busy that customers were put into a queue for close to an hour to get into the reservation system. And there’s a good reason.
Customers can save up to $500 on a 5-night stay at the resort at select hotels. In total, 17 properties are taking part in the deals, which range from $20–$100 per night in savings.
“There’s so much to celebrate when you stay at a Disney Resort hotel — especially during The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” Disney proclaims on the reservation page. “As a guest of a Disney Resort hotel, you can enjoy early entry to the theme parks 30 minutes before opening to experience select attractions.”
Resort guests can also get early access to purchase individual Lightning Lane entries for up to two attractions per day. Lightning Lane is the new system that allows visitors to skip the line — for a fee — at popular attractions.
Properties taking part in the promotion include:
$100 Off Per Night
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
$40 Off Per Night
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort — Family Suites
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — Riverside
$20 Off Per Night
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort — reopening March 31, 2022
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
In addition, Florida residents can save 20 percent on their bookings during the same time period.
Disney points out that the number of rooms allocated for the offer is limited, and a length of stay requirement may apply. Certain room types are also excluded, depending on the property chosen, and the discounts cannot be combined with other offers. It also notes that the discounts are available for “most nights,” meaning holidays and weekends may not be included in some cases.