Wanna get away? Southwest just went wheels up on its $39 sale, so now you can hop on a plane for less than a bus ticket might cost. One-way Southwest fares start at $39, but time is of the essence. The sale ends Thursday, January 6, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Read on for all the details, plus some of the best deals.
Southwest Airlines $39 Fare Sale Dates
The Southwest Airlines $39 Sale applies to select one-way Wanna Get Away fares between January 18 and May 18, 2022. That includes prime spring break travel dates! Tickets must be purchased at least two weeks in advance. While sale fares may be available on other days of the week, many of the $39 deals are only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Of course, if your itinerary changes for any reason, your fare may change as well. Like other Wanna Get Away fares, tickets bought under this deal are nonrefundable. However, as long as you cancel your trip at least 10 minutes before departure, the fare may be applied to future travel. See a full list of fares, rules, and terms and conditions at Southwest.com.
Several of the $39 one-way fares are for short flights between nearby airports. Here are some that we found. Follow the link to select travel dates.
- Atlanta to Nashville
- Atlanta to Panama City Beach
- Austin to Dallas
- Austin to Houston
- Colorado Springs to Denver
- Columbus, OH to Chicago (Midway)
- Des Moines to St. Louis
- Detroit to Chicago (Midway)
- Fort Lauderdale to Orlando
- Fort Lauderdale to Tampa
- Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- Las Vegas to Phoenix
- Nashville to St. Louis
- San Diego to Las Vegas
- San Francisco to Los Angeles (LAX)
- Tulsa to Dallas (Love Field)
Fabulous Deals On Warm-Weather Destinations
Southwest is offering deeply discounted fares to all sorts of places, including warm-weather locales such as Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and Mexico. Some one-way tickets start at under $100. Here are some fabulous deals we found:
- Atlanta to San Juan, Puerto Rico, starting at $144
- Burbank to Kahului (Maui) starting at $128
- Dallas to Cozumel, Mexico, starting at $145
- Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman Islands starting at $99
- Fort Lauderdale to Montego Bay, Jamaica starting at $140
- Fort Lauderdale to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, starting at $66
- Houston (Hobby) to Belize City, Belize, starting at $119
- Houston to Liberia (Guanacaste), Costa Rica, starting at $127
- Houston (Hobby) to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, starting at $131
- Miami to Cancun starting at $99
- Orlando to Aruba starting $153
- San Diego to Honolulu (Oahu) starting at $139
Plus, No Bag Fees!
Usually low fares signal that the airline will nickel and dime you for everything, including bag fees that may be more than the fare cost! Luckily with Southwest, your bags fly free.
“We’re kicking off the New Year with a huge sale for spring travel, making it easier than ever to meet your travel goals for 2022,” said Bill Tierney, Southwest’s VP of marketing, in a PR Newswire release. “Southwest offers all customers low fares, legendary hospitality, and flexible policies, including no cancellation fees, no change fees, and bags fly free, which makes trip planning and day-of traveling to one of our 121 destinations across our network that much easier.”