We made it! 2021 is officially upon us, which means we can say farewell to 2020 and look ahead to new adventures. We recently asked our readers to share with us where they plan to travel this year — or would like to travel given the opportunity. Whether you choose to hit the road or live vicariously through those who do, we have pulled together some of our most popular content on the locations that you told us you wanted to hear more about. Happy travels!
Whether you choose to road trip down the Atlantic coast from Amelia Island to Vero Beach or discover the undiscovered along Big Bend Scenic Byway in Port St. Joe on the Gulf, Florida is your year-round travel destination. If theme parks are more your style, read why Disney World is perfect for a girls trip for women 50+ or enjoy one of the other many parks in or around the Orlando area.
For more travel inspiration, enjoy these other great Florida experiences:
- Epic Florida Road Trip: Miami To Key West
- Why Siesta Key Is The Perfect Beach Vacation For The Entire Family
- 6 Things To Do In Everglades National Park
Those seeking new beginnings have been flocking to California ever since the gold rush of 1849. San Francisco‘s NFL team even pays homage to this with their unique name. Explore Old Town San Diego during your next visit to SoCal or spend a weekend in historic Truckee when you journey north. From cosmopolitan cities to nature teaming with wildlife, California has a little something for everyone.
Here is some more inspiration for your trip to the Golden State:
- 6 Exciting Experiences At The Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary
- The Perfect Weekend Getaway To Dana Point, California
- 9 Best Things To Do In Temecula After You’ve Tasted All The Wine
Seeing the natural wonder of the world in all of its vast glory is reason enough to visit the aptly named Grand Canyon State. After you have seen the Grand Canyon, explore the many other amazing canyons scattered across the state and stand in amazement at how water has shaped the landscape over the years. Go back in time and experience the Wild West as you walk the streets of Tombstone, or enjoy a relaxing weekend amongst the red rocks of Sedona.
Snowbirds flock here during the winter, but Arizona has plenty to enjoy all year long, so don’t miss out on these other great activities:
- Here’s How To Visit The Wave In Coyote Buttes For A Perfect Photo
- The 7 Most Amazing Scenic Drives In Arizona
- 8 Phoenix Restaurants With Stunning Views Of Camelback Mountain
The Rocky Mountains tower over the state — an imposing reminder that nature is resilient and strong. Plan to explore the rugged peaks on an enchanting train trip or make your way through the excellent breweries in and around the Denver area and savor each and every sip.
For even more ideas on how to best experience the great state of Colorado, take a look at these other inspirational articles:
- Day Trips From Denver: 8 Great Colorado Experiences
- 9 Fantastic Experiences In Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park
- The Best Things To Do During A Beautiful Weekend In Grand Lake, Colorado
It is said that everything is bigger in Texas, and the dinosaurs that once roamed the area now known as Dinosaur Valley State Park might have had something to do with creating that rumor. Appetites are bigger here too: From the world-famous stockyards of Fort Worth to the wineries of the hill country, Texas is ready to satiate every last one of your foodie cravings.
Enjoy these other recommendations for making the most out of your next trip to Texas:
- 11 Small Towns With Big Texas Charm You Need To Visit
- The Best Experiences In Big Bend National Park
- 4 Best Experiences In South Padre Island National Seashore
Enjoy the scenic coast from the rocky beaches of quaint Astoria to the sprawling fairways of Bandon Dunes, and don’t miss a single thing in between. The city of Portland is a destination in its own right, especially for those with eclectic tastes. Speaking of tastes, save room for samples from the many must-visit craft breweries littering the Portland region.
If that is not enough to keep you busy, don’t miss these thrilling options for your next Oregon adventure:
- How To Spend The Perfect Weekend In Cannon Beach, Oregon
- 9 Stunning Hikes In Oregon
- 10 Fantastic Things To Do In The Beautiful Columbia River Gorge
When someone mentions the Empire State, most envision imposing skyscrapers, world-renowned museums, and the steady hum of traffic through the streets of NYC. While this is certainly true and one could spend years living in the city and never fully experience all that it has to offer, you absolutely have to experience the tranquility of the charming towns of Upstate New York as well.
Here are some suggestions for how to best experience both sides of New York State:
- 11 Moving Experiences At The 9/11 Memorial And Museum
- Our 5 Favorite Escapes From New York City
- 13 Gorgeous Wineries To Visit In The Finger Lakes
Don’t let Michigan’s “Rust Belt” moniker fool you: The Great Lake State oozes natural charm and has more to offer than manufacturing and factories. From truly beautiful places in the Detroit area to the tulip fields of Holland, it is no wonder Michiganians desire to rebrand themselves as “Pure Michigan.”
Here are some excellent ways to spend your time in Michigan: